Recognize the risks related to pushing and pulling and understand how to minimize your risk of injury.
- Work in the Power Zone with your arms slightly bent, hands in front of your body.
- Move your feet to improve body position and minimize end-range motion.
- Know your limits. Seek assistance or use of available tools or equipment to assist.
- Pushing is preferred. Square your shoulders in the direction of the push.
- Establish firm footing. Position your feet, one foot slightly ahead of the other, leaning slightly in the direction of movement. Wear slip-resistant work shoes.
- Slide, walk or roll heavy, less portable objects.